CKT Publishing Submissions
Save the date!
1 September 2021
CKT Publishing is opening their submission doors
ONE DAY ONLY
We have published the work of over 100 authors
and illustrators in our online and print anthologies
What are we looking for?
- Stories that excite us – funny, heartfelt, adventure
- Stories that are well-written and polished.
- Stories that will surprise readers with every page turn.
- Authors who know their audience.
- Creatives who understand publication is a collaborative process.
- Creatives who trust and respect the process of bringing a book to publication.
We look forward to creating quality books under CKT Publishing.
We are accepting picture book texts only from 6.00am – 12.00pm AEST. That means the submission window is open for six hours only. Any submissions received from 12.01pm will be deleted.
Please ensure in the subject line it reads (your name – story title)
- Picture book manuscript of no more than 600 words.
- The cover page must contain the Author’s Name, contact information, the title of the manuscript and word count.
- The Author’s name and the title of manuscript must appear in the header of each page.
- Page x of y must appear in the page footer, bottom right.
- The manuscript must be submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font with left justification, double-spaced with an indent to indicate new paragraphs.
- Please ensure there is a 3cm margin at the top, bottom, left and right of each page.
- Submissions must be in Word format only. We do not accept files submitted as a Zip file, PDF, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Do NOT include:
- Fancy borders.
- Story ideas or incomplete manuscripts.
- Illustrations or illustration notes.
- Text other than 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Coloured text.
- We do not accept files submitted as a Zip file, PDF, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
Illustrators we haven’t forgotten you!
If you are interested in illustrating for CKT Publishing, please send us three of your best illustrations.
We are accepting illustrations from 6.00am – 12.00pm AEST. That means the submission window is open for six hours only. Any submissions received from 12.01pm will be deleted.
Illustrators only can send us illustrations via email, Zip file, Google Drive or Dropbox link.
A. We have successfully published over 100 authors and illustrators through our anthologies. We are now focussing on producing quality picture books that entertain and inspire children.
A. Yes, we are happy to consider submissions from both new and existing authors.
A. Yes, we are happy to consider multiple submissions. Please ensure they are polished and the best they can be, before submitting.
A. Your manuscript should be polished prior to submission. Having your work assessed, can increase your chances of getting your manuscript across the line.
A. No, we will only accept submissions directly from the author or illustrator.
A. We are looking to publish writers or illustrators aged between 18-110 years old.