INVEST The Write Way
Your Step-By-Step Roadmap to Success
Your Presenter: Georgie Donaghey
Workshop Method: Zoom
When you INVEST, you put time/money/effort into something.
Authors, writing is only the first step in your investment.
Designed for aspiring authors, during these 2 x 2.5 hour sessions of INVEST The Write Way, Georgie Donaghey, award winning author, publisher, editor and founder of Creative Kids Tales, will share how to become a successful author and how to avoid making beginner mistakes. Georgie has over 20 years experience in the kidlit industry.
How important to you, is building a healthy writing return?
There are no other writing courses on the market, that offer the range of content that’s covered in INVEST The Write Way.
Here are some of the topics covered in the 19 modules of this course:
- Why do you want to write?
- Learning while INVESTing
- Dos and don’ts submitting to publishers
- Traditional v’s self-publishing
- Building your author platform
- Marketing yourself and your work
- Author Personal Training
- Creating an eye-catching website
- How to pitch to Publishers
- Rejection. Why it’s not a bad thing.
- ELR & PLR
- Grants and residencies
- Book launches
- Author Etiquette
- Should you be paid?
- How to secure school visits and public appearances
- Talks and workshops for schools – Where do I start?