Do you want to know how to catch the eye of an agent?
Note: this workshop is tailored for authors who write picture books, junior fiction, middle grade and young adult fiction.
- What does an agent do?
- What are the different types of agents and agencies?
- How does an agent get paid?
- Overseas agents v Australian agents.
- Why have an agent?
- Pros v cons.
- Are you ready for an agent?
- Where to find agents.
- How to find the right agent.
- What is a query letter and why you need to write one.
- How to write a query letter.
- Rejections – why?
- My hints and tips on how to land an agent.
- What is the process once your book is accepted by an agent?